This is an maintenance update with mainly compatibility and bug fixes, but also a new app icon.
- Changed: PopClip has a new application icon and a reshaped menu bar icon to match it.
- Added: Improved support for the following browsers: Arc, Orion, Tor Browser, Mullvad, DEVONagent Pro.
- Fixed: PopClip can now detect that the selection is read-only in Google Chrome.
- Fixed: Added a work-around for a Chromium bug that could cause PopClip to not see the newlines in the text selection. This should improve some things in Google Chrome, Chromium-based browsers, and Electron apps such as Obsidian.
- Fixed: Certain Iconify icons which appeared glitched now display correctly.
- Fixed: PDF Expert compatibility (once again).
- Localization: Added full Turkish and Slovak translations, thanks to volunteer translators.
- Changed: PopClip no longer appears automatically in JetBrains apps, but it can still be summoned by keyboard shortcut. See forum post: About PopClip compatibility with JetBrains IDEs.
- App: PopClip, https://pilotmoon.com/popclip
- Version: 2023.7
- Build numbers: 4151 (Standalone edition, Setapp edition) and 1004151 (Mac App Store edition)
- Release date: 18 Jul 2023
- Requirements: macOS version 10.13.6 and above; Apple Silicon or Intel processor.
The update is on a 7-day phased release on the Mac App Store, so you might not yet have it as an automatic update, but you can install it manually right away from PopClip’s app page.
If you are heading to the Mac App Store to install the update, please take a moment to click a star rating .
If you are running the standalone PopClip (downloaded from my website), you can trigger an update by un-checking and re-checking the Check for Updates checkbox.
The update will be automatically installed by Setapp. You can manually trigger the update by clicking “Check for Updates…” in the Setapp menu.
If you installed PopClip via homebrew, you can run
brew upgrade popclip.
Those of you running the beta will not see a new update, but you should already have Build 4151, which is identical. You will continue to receive beta updates.