Can I 'buy you a coffee'?

@nick I’ve used PopClip for 7 years and only ever paid for it once. I certainly have got my £2.99 (the price for 1.4.10) worth from the software.

Is there any chance I can buy you a coffee (or similar) to make me feel better and not feel that I have robbed you?

6 Likes

Thank you :coffee: … I admit it is kind of funny that I have been selling it for so many years without charging :pound: for an update. But I’m not keen on the subscripton model, and doing a paid update just seems like a huge hassle for everyone (most of all for me!) so I’ve stuck with things the way they are.

That said, I’m aware there are some long time users looking to show their ongoing support, so I’ve set up
Buy Me a Coffee

Edit to add: A really impactful and free way to show support for PopClip is to add a star rating on the Mac App Store, and do this for every version that gets released. You don’t even have to write anything, just click the (rightmost :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: ) ★ then click Submit. The app store takes into account the number of ratings received (not just the average rating) when prioritising the display of apps.

2 Likes

Thanks for the dono @Chemmy!

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’m happy to support developers, particularly independent developers.

1 Like

If you’re a member of this forum I’m guessing you’re a serious PopClip user. Please consider throwing Nick a few dollars/euros if you can afford it. I’m still amazed how easy it is to create powerful extensions, not to mention the extensive library.

2 Likes

I was wondering about this too! I seem to have bought PopClip from the App Store on 23 January 2013, so that’s nearly nine years of making my life better! :smiley:

Thanks @nick ! Donation happily sent!

2 Likes

Donated!!! Happy to help you keep going.

1 Like

A few lattes/beers from me as well :+1:

1 Like

Thank you all, that’s very kind. My beverage fund is burgeoning! FWIW, I am more of a tea drinker :slight_smile:

I do want to stress to anyone reading that there is no absolutely obligation or expectation to donate anything. You can help out massively by just keep on using the app, talking about it, sending me feedback, and clicking those ratings on the app store.

1 Like