ChatGPT Summarize

Can I put out a request? I’m not a developer, so if anyone is interested… I’d love to have a popclip extension that summarizes whatever I have highlighted. Maybe put a limit on how much you can highlight. I’m only thinking like a paragraph or two. I suppose if you highlight text on a webpage and use this extension it would have to open the Notes app so it can put its summary there.

Anyone interested?

Michael

1 Like

Yes and…

From a limited understanding: Popclip would need to use the ChatGPT 3.5 API to send the copied text to ChatGPT for summarization, then receive ChatGPT’s summary and as you suggest open another app, create a new page and paste that in or open a window to display that text or just leave it on the clipboard for the user to paste wherever they wish.

Nice idea to be able to select some limited text and get a quick summary, and a significant build.

I just discovered an AI tool that will do this. It’s called Flot. It does a pretty good job of being “ChatGPT everywhere”, but of course you’d need to subscribe to it at $15.99 month. I hate subscription models…

Michael

Microsoft Copilot and Bing are available as apps and other ways and now have access to ChatGPT 4 for free.

1 Like

This would be great if you could have the option of viewing it in a temporary Preview Window or send it to another app like Notes, Notion, etc.

1 Like