Direct translation tools

Hello,

I’m looking for a way to translate by direct replacement of selected text. I haven’t found a satisfactory solution yet. All extensions offering translation open an external application and do not offer immediate substitution.

I currently use EasyDict, which has an option to copy and paste the translation, but a direct replacement would be more convenient. I tried creating a second instance with Ollama, but it still inserts comments, although I asked not to. I figure there must be another method.

Do you have any ideas?

1 Like

Take a look at Instant Translate !

Is limited to relatively short text, but I hope to be working on an improved direct translator soon.

Thank you for your response.

I already use Instant Translate, but since you say it’s limited, it’s too much for me. That’s why I’m interested in a real plugin to translate directly.

Hi @hercut
I use the “Mate Translate”, for years.
It’s the best for me.

The extension is a LLM rewording extension with pre-defined system prompt, which you can also modify itself in the settings yourself.

Hi! @hercut
I am just a newbie here. Just purchased and came to use it several days ago.

I myself vibe coded several extensions, and some of them just fits what you wrote here, I think.
See below:

Screen Recording 2026-09-19 at 15.03.08

However, I have no idea how to share it. I don’t have a GitHub account neither, - I am not a coder lol.

1 Like

Thanks, but I don’t want to use any other software because, as I mentioned, I already use EasyDict.

Thank you, what you have done is interesting. Regarding the LLM extension, as I mentioned, it doesn’t meet my expectations and keeps adding comments, even after adjusting the :confused: prompt.

On the other hand, your vibecoded plugin seems promising and corresponds a bit to what I’m looking for, yes :slight_smile:
@nick should be able to help you, no doubt!

For the official extensions directory, you would require a GitHub account and to follow the instructions given in “Submit an extension”. (Or ask your coding agent to read the instructions…)

If your extension is a text snippet, you could just paste the text of it here in the thread if you want to share it. Use the code format option on the forum.

@hercut Regarding an improved translation tool, I do have one in the works, but it requires a bit of improvement to PopClip first to help it along!

1 Like

Top !

Sorry, but sharing on the popclip marketplace seems still complicated for me :joy:
I share it (with some other extensions I vibed) via google drive:

But use it at your own risk! Check the code by yourself or hand it to the agent and malware scanners before using it! :wink: