Double click to include hypen

One of my most frequent use cases for Popclip is to search an internal corporate website for information based on document number. The document number is in the format of 12345-6.
If I double click on 12345, only 12345 is highlighted, and I will not be able to search. How can I make double clicking will highlight 12345-6?

(I know it’s probably an OS limitation but any ideas from you people will be appreciated)

I would use triple clicking (standard macOS behaviour to select a whole paragraph), then use a regular expression to identiy the pattern and capture it and appending it to an URL that is opened with the action.

1 Like

Thanks. While triple clicking is a slight inconvenience to double clicking, it will do.

(My workflow is that I’m grabbing the document number from a cell in spreadsheet. So triple clicking will just grab the whole number, including after the hypen - I don’t have to deal with a highlighting a whole paragraph).

2 Likes

I usually double-click one word and then drag to the other word like this:

CleanShot 2023-04-05 at 08.16.43

2 Likes

Thanks, nick, for the nice demonstration. That’s a new ‘habit’ I have to learn as I am not used to doing it via Trackpad (double tap with one finger, then two finger drag). I think it is easier with a Mouse but I don’t have one. Having said that, I think my new-found way of triple tapping, thanks to @Kolkrabe, is probably easier.

1 Like