Feature: Search Tidal. Or better yet .

Hiya. Apologies if I’m duplicating a question another music lover has already posed: Is it possible to search from a menu of the various music streaming services, similar to the Online Dictionary feature?*

If that’s not doable, then might you feature a Tidal search as its own thing? (I’m likely not the only Tidal subscriber who is using neither Spotify nor Apple Music—nor YouTube Music, Idagio, Amazon Music, Deezer, and the like.)

¡Gracias!

• At work, I search m-w.com via your Online Dictionary extension maybe a hundred times a day. Many thanks for that feature, among so many others! My job is words, and to that end, PopClip has become indispensable—truly.
1 Like

I’m not familiar with Tidal. Is it searched via a web site or a native app?

Tidal is a music streaming service that started out in 2014 and was bought by Jay-Z together with a roster of popular artists the following year. They compensate musicians more than Spotify and Apple Music, with a model based partly on a portion of subscriber fees and their catalog laps Spotify by about 10 million tracks.

It is mostly known for its hi-res audio and this year I saw that Tom’s Guide listed it as the best of the music streaming services (again, for the highest sound quality and its artist remuneration). It’s got both an app and browser access. Oh, I just checked out the website, and the company uses the tagline “High Fidelity music streaming.” I’m not sure if you need to be a subscriber to access the catalog.

They still have many artist-owners (including Beyoncé, Rihanna, Daft Punk, Jack White, Madonna, Alicia Keys, Arcade Fire), but as of two years ago, Square, Inc. / Block / Jack Dorsey acquired majority ownership, agreeing to name Jay-Z to Tidal’s board of directors.

That’s the story in a coconut shell. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

So I guess my question is, are you wanting the search to happen in a browser or in the Mac app?

Either is fine—they update each other. Maybe add whatever’s easiest to your big board? Thanks for considering it.