When I invoke PopClip by mouse, there is no selector to move around by keys. When I invoke PopClip by a keyboard shortcut, I can press return and it will execute the first action (as indicated by a colourful selector) or I can press → → return and the third action will be executed. I even can move into subgroups with ↓. How can I use these keyboard movements when using the mouse to open PopClip on a selection?
If you show PopClip using the mouse but then want to use the keys to select an action, you would
need to press the keyboard shortcut, which will put it into keyboard mode.
More explanation:
PopClip has two modes: mouse mode and keyboard mode, determined by the method by which it is triggered.
If PopClip is shown by mouse selection, dismisses itself upon key presses. The reason for this is that most users, when performing text editing, would become irritated by PopClip capturing key presses after unwanted activations. Self-dismissal gets PopClip out of the way.
Conversely, when activated with the keyboard shortcut, PopClip does intercept key presses, such as arrow keys and Return, for action selection.
Yes, certainly a possibilty. I am considering the best way to approach this at the moment. I would also like a way to find actions by typing the name of the action to narrow them down.