POPCLIP_BROWSER_URL and POPCLIP_BROWSER_TITLE don't work

Crosspost from GitHub: POPCLIP_BROWSER_URL and POPCLIP_BROWSER_TITLE don’t work · Issue #1190 · pilotmoon/PopClip-Extensions

Browser URL (POPCLIP_BROWSER_URL) and title (POPCLIP_BROWSER_TITLE) variables are not captured on my environment recently.
Although I’m not perfectly confident this is the cause, they broke around May 23-24 after updating Brave Browser (Chromium) to the latest version.
I confirmed they also don’t work on a clean-installed latest Chrome.

Environments:

macOS 12.4
Brave Version 1.39.111 Chromium: 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (arm64)
Chrome Version 102.0.5005.61 (Official Build) (arm64)

Thanks for the report @Appendage3623. It’s currently working for me on Chrome 102.0.5005.61 with PopClip 2022.5.

Can you check if Chrome is enabled for Automation by PopClip in Security & Privacy settings:

If it is enabled already, I wonder if something like unchecking and re-checking the permission might nudge something.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply, @nick . Changing the Automation permission didn’t work, but reinstalling both browser and PopClip solved the issue.

By the way, my Automation setting has an opposite parent-child relation than yours. In your screenshot, Google Chrome has a control over PopClip. Mine is that PopClip has a control over Brave Browser. Dragging and dropping Brave Browser.app / Chrome.app from Applications dir didn’t generate new settings.

Do you have any ideas to introduce a setting like yours on my machine? Or, Don’t I need to care about it as long as it works correctly?

Actually, I just took the screenshot wrong, I also have this:

I’ve actually no idea why Chrome has control over PopClip on my machine!

1 Like