PopClip does not appear automatically in Mimestream's message view

I’ve run into a problem with Mimestream (the native Gmail client for macOS).

When I select text in a received message (the message reading view), the PopClip bar does not appear. If I trigger PopClip manually with my keyboard shortcut, it shows up and the actions (e.g. Copy) work as expected. So PopClip can access the selected text, but it doesn’t detect the selection automatically.

Interestingly, the problem is limited to the message view: when I compose a new email in Mimestream, PopClip appears automatically and works normally. It also works fine in other apps.

What I’ve checked so far:

  • Mimestream is not on PopClip’s list of excluded apps.
  • PopClip has Accessibility permission in System Settings > Privacy & Security.

My setup:
- PopClip version: Build 6225 (6225; 14.09.2026) Standalone Edition - Beta
- Mimestream version: Version 1.10.8 (398)
- macOS version: macOS 27.0.1 (26A434)
- Mac model / chip: Apple MacBook Air M1, 2020 / 16GB RAM

Is this a known limitation with Mimestream’s message view, or is there a setting or workaround that would make PopClip appear automatically there? I’m happy to provide logs or test a beta build if that helps.

1 Like