PopClip doesn’t work on Xcode 14.0

As soon as I updated Xcode yesterday to the new release, I noticed that PopClip doesn’t work when I’m on it. It works properly on every other app!

Xcode version 14.0
macOS version 12.5.1
M1 Mac mini

Hi, thanks for reporting it. It’s working OK for me on 14.0 on a quick test.

One thing that you can do is option(⌥)-click the PopClip menu bar icon to reveal a debug window. Then record a short screen video (with QuickTime Player or similar) showing the fault and with the debug window showing. Then send me the vid - if it’s a big file, you can use Dropbox - Submit files

Hi Nick and thank you for responding! Here’s the video Dropbox - Screen Recording 2022-09-16 at 11.57.46.mov - Simplify your life

Thanks, that’s great. I think I see what is going on. Could you also send me your ~/Library/Application Support/PopClip/_ActivityData file. Probably best PM to me.

I really cannot find where the message button is! :laughing:

1 Like

Oh… I think maybe PMs are not available to new users or something. Can you email to support@pilotmoon.com ?

Edit: You should have message access now.
(I looked it up, you need trust level 1 to send message, which you achieve by…

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts)

I think that’s what you’re looking for, right?

<key>com.apple.dt.Xcode</key>
		<array>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:hold][cursors:arrow]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:single][cursors:arrow]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:single][cursors::EiQOwP3z//////////v/B/4B8APADwA/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APgH8D/AP8D/A/wP4B/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APAD4B/4P/f/////////8+/B3g1:]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:drag][cursors::EiQOwP3z//////////v/B/4B8APADwA/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APgH8D/AP8D/A/wP4B/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APAD4B/4P/f/////////8+/B3g1:, resize]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:drag][cursors:arrow]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:drag][cursors::EiQOwP3z//////////v/B/4B8APADwA/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APgH8D/AP8D/A/wP4B/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APAD4B/4P/f/////////8+/B3g1:]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:drag][cursors:arrow, resize]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:single][cursors:arrow, :EiQOwP3z//////////v/B/4B8APADwA/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APgH8D/AP8D/A/wP4B/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APAD4B/4P/f/////////8+/B3g1:]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:drag][cursors:resize]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:drag][cursors:arrow, :EiQOwP3z//////////v/B/4B8APADwA/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APgH8D/AP8D/A/wP4B/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APAD4B/4P/f/////////8+/B3g1:]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:multi][cursors::EiQOwP3z//////////v/B/4B8APADwA/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APgH8D/AP8D/A/wP4B/APwA8APADwA/APwA8APAD4B/4P/f/////////8+/B3g1:]</string>
			<string>probe 0 probe+require-beam [app:com.apple.dt.Xcode][trigger:single][cursors:arrow, resize]</string>
		</array>

You got it.

Download and double click the following file, it should fix things:
3895-002.popclipconfig (686 Bytes)

1 Like

It suddenly got fixed, before I download the file. What happened?? :astonished:

Whoa … I can’t explain that! Maybe you changed from dark to light mode or something? Anything that could have made a small change to the mouse pointer image. Either way your contirbution will have been useful for others too.

1 Like

I didn’t change anything! Should I download and open your file anyway?

There will be no harm in doing so. Or wait to see if it stops working again then do it. Whichever you prefer.

1 Like

Hi again! Just to catch you up; Today I launched Xcode and PopClip wouldn’t work on it again, so I downloaded and opened your config file… it immediately started working!

I’ve been using PopClip for many years now, close to a decade! I can’t imagine using a mac, or any kind of computer, without this utility! I have a disability which affects my arms to a very high degree, which means I cannot use the keyboard almost at all! So PopClip makes me way more productive when I’m typing, especially when I code which, as you probably know, requires a looot of copy-pasting! Thank you for helping me, and for keep updating PopClip after all these years!!! :pray:

1 Like