Problem with translate large text

I downloaded the Microsoft Translator extension.

Why does the translation extension allow me to translate a small text, as shown in the screenshot: CleanShot 2023-12-15 at 10.41.55@2x-1 · CleanShot Cloud

While for a larger text, the translation extension doesn’t activate, like in this screenshot: CleanShot 2023-12-15 at 10.42.08@2x-1 · CleanShot Cloud

Does anyone know, what is the problem?

It has a limit on the amount of text. It was originally intended only for words or shirt phrases.

Partly it’s because it costs me money per word translated!

I want to make a new version where people will provide their own API key. Then it can have no limit :slight_smile:

I think a lot of other improvements could be made.

@nick first of all, thank you for the response. This is a dealbreaker for me, as I’m seeking the fastest solution that allows me to easily translate any selected text on my computer (web, mail client, files, …).

Is there any workaround solution in the form of another extension that you would recommend?

I don’t have anything else pre-made myself, but since extensions are fully customizable you can achieve anything you want. You might find some success with custommizing some of the OpenAI extensions that have been posted on the forum.

I want to put out some resources to make this easier but until then I’ll just point you in that direction.