Request: Additional option for the Brackets extension

In linguistics, graphemic clusters are always represented between slashes (eg /pf/). Can the Brackets extension be extended with this capability (Options for Brackets)? So that the slashes also appear as an option? This would greatly speed up the placement of these slashes!

#popclip
name: Brackets
icon: //
javascript: popclip.pasteText("/" + popclip.input.text + "/")
description: adds brackets

Like this?

1 Like

Awesome! This is indeed exactly what it should be. Of course, it would be even easier if the extension could just be added to the current Brackets app. But that’s also very good and fine. I am always amazed at what is possible with the PopClip app. In any case: thank you very much!
Koenraad

Capto_Annotation

1 Like

I’m loving seeing people helping each other out on the forum! Great stuff.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve been working with a group of seniors on their computer skills for about five years. At first I was the expert and everything was directed at me. Now, others who know a bit will offer what they know to others. It’s been kinda like watching a Community form. It’s very satisfying to see and feels closer to the core of what I’m there for than just showing them how to do stuff.

2 Likes

i too would like to learn how to add to the options for this extension, for example to enclose the selection with two equals signs for highlighting in markdown.
:slight_smile:

Very easy to do in one extension with snippets. This is also an example in the extension documentation. Just need to make sure the YAML is valid and change the title to whatever you want:

#popclip
name: grammatical
actions:
- title: Slash Brackets
  icon: //
  javascript: popclip.pasteText("/" + popclip.input.text + "/")
  description: adds brackets
- title: MD Highlight
  icon: ==
  javascript: popclip.pasteText("==" + popclip.input.text + "==")
  description: adds markdown highlighting
2 Likes

wonderful. thank you so much! :nerd_face:

1 Like