Request: Start new chat on ChatGPT website

Hello,

Thank you for the extension.

Is it possible to have an extension for ChatGPT that redirects us to the website?
This allows us to avoid paying :slight_smile:

The idea would be to copy-paste the text, well, I already do that for LanguageTool, but I do not know how to make the browser call and open a new tab, etc.

Maybe we should open another post to discuss this?

Thank you for your help.

Bonjour,

Je vous remercie pour l’extension.

Est-il possible d’avoir une extension pour ChatGPT qui nous renvoie vers le site.
Ça permet d’éviter de payer :slight_smile:

L’idée serait de copier-coller le texte, bon ça je le fais déjà pour LanguageTool, mais je ne sais pas faire l’appel du navigateur et d’un nouvel onglet etc.

Peut-être faudrait-il ouvrir un autre post pour discuter de ça ?

Merci de votre aide.

2 Likes

I’d also like a similar feature to this, as I’d like to continue chatting about what I have selected and sent off in the first place.

1 Like

I would like to follow up on the request.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Je me permet de relance la demande.
Si quelqu’un aurait une idée ?

Merci.

I looked into it, and ChatGPT website does not accept URL parameters for specifying the initial text. This seems to be a roadblock for further progress.

The alternative would be UI scripting using AppleScript, which is unreliable and nasty, and not fun to write or maintain. I leave this as an exercise to the reader!

If you use the ChatGPT extension on PopClip site, you can continue the conversation by selecting and sending the next text.

Sorry, I did not receive notification of your reply. Thank you for taking the time to reply and look at my problem. It’s a real shame not to be able to use the site directly instead of the API.

I’ll check the Chartgpt extension thread to see if it’s possible to easily include the conditions I want.

Edit: I just saw that I had already made the request on the topic of the CHatGPT extension.

Désolé, je n’ai pas reçu de notification de votre réponse. Merci d’avoir pris le temps de me répondre et de regarder mon problème. C’est vraiment dommage de ne pas pouvoir utiliser directement le site au lieu de l’API.

Je vais vérifier sur le fil de l’extension Chartgpt si c’est possible d’inclure facilement les conditions que je souhaite.

Edit : Je viens de voir que j’avais déjà fait la demande sur le topique de l’extension CHatGPT.

I know this is old, but I was just thinking what if there was a way we could make it run as a bookmarklet?

Example:

I do SEO for a living and need to copy URLs all day and then paste them into various tools and what not. One of them that I set up was a bookmarklet to put the currently focused tab URL into Pagespeed Insights. When I click on the bookmarklet, it simply opens a new tab, navigates to the website, then inputs the URL and runs it. I put the script below. Would something like this work?

javascript: (function() {     window.open(`https://pagespeed.web.dev/analysis?url=${encodeURIComponent(window.location.href)}`) })();

There’s also some other interesting things that we can use here such as adding ChatGPT to the browser as a search engine:

Any chance a combo of these would work?

The deep link chrome extension would work combined with a very simple PopClip snippet.

The deeplink idea seems brilliant, yet it seems that the extension is deleted.

Is it still working? If so, could you pleaze share a copy of the extension?