Telegram Bug 4276 (beta)

Hey,

I can’t get Popclip to popup when I’m using Telegram. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I’ve just downloaded and installed “Telegram 10.1.1.252074 AppStore”. I did a quick test with PopClip latest beta. It seemed to be working OK.

Can you describe in more detail the problem, the specific part of the Telegram app that PopClip isn’t working in or any other info?

One thing you can do is option(⌥)-click the PopClip menu bar icon to reveal a debug window. Then, record a short screen video (with QuickTime Player or similar) showing the fault and with the debug window showing. Then send me the video - if it’s a big file, you can use my dropbox

My Telegram might not be from the app store, might be a direct download from the site. Will check if TG from the app store can fix it.

As for where it is occurring, I’m trying to select items from chat msgs. I’ve gone ahead and added a recording to your dropbox under the name, “belgio_TelegramNative_Screen Recording 2023-10-05 at 10.51.17”

Thanks for taking the time to help!

Edit: testing out Telegram AppStore - getting the same issue by the looks of it. Will upload another video, under “belgio_Telegram_AppStore_Screen Recording 2023-10-05 at 11.02.01”

Hi @nick,

A few weeks ago, I uploaded a screen recording showing the behaviour of PopClip in Telegram to your Dropbox

Thanks for the reminder, it looks like I dropped this. I’ll bump it up my task list.

1 Like

Good news, I seem to have found a way to make it work in Telegram. Should be fixed in the next version.

2 Likes