"The operation couldn’t be completed - error 1701"

Trying to use the SetApp version and I get "The operation couldn’t be
completed. (error error 1701.)” but the latest beta works fine. On an M1 pro Mac on Ventura 13.2.

Is there a fix/ way around this?

Can you describe in a bit more detail at what step in the process you see this error? Is it coming from Setapp when you click to install PopClip, or from PopClip itself when you run it?

It happens when you try and open/run pop clip and a restart/ reinstall doesn’t solve it.

Were you previously using PopClip without setapp and is that version of PopClip still installed too?

I’m running into the same issue. I’ve never used PopClip before. I installed it through Setapp, and it just throws a 1701 error. Reinstalling and restarting the computer doesn’t help.

Thanks for also reporting it and the context info. This is a new error for me, and I’m currently trying to figure out what could be causing this.

Yeah, no problem! Let me know if I can provide any additional info.

I’ve received word from the Setapp folk that the problem is at their end, and they are working on a fix. I will advise further when I hear more.

Setapp has told me it should have been fixed now for all users. Please let me know if that is the case for you.

Yes, now it works. Thank you so much, Nick.

1 Like

Hi, I got the same issue recently. Can someone help me with that, plz🙏

Still happening today? Maybe the Setapp people will fix it again.

@uy0syku9 What app are you havivg trouble with? That looks like the icon for CleanShot X, not PopClip.