I’ve been trying put PopClip through it’s paces a bit, so here’s a kind a fun video:
Extensions featured: Character Count, Select All, BBEdit, Sort.
There’s a couple of seconds delay for PopClip to pop-up. I think a good part of that is the time taken to do the character count. I could dive into this to see if there are any potential optimizations.
I’m blown away by how fast the BBEdit extension works with such a large text (that’s a large credit to BBEdit I think!).
I note that the sort algorithm treats leading white space as significant. I didn’t know that.
Also worth noting, BBEdit has its own built in 'Sort Lines" function that takes about a second so this whole exersise is kinda…
And I do now know that there 10 lines of Shakespeare that begin ‘Zounds’:
- Zounds, how has he the leisure to be sick
- Zounds, I bleed still, I am hurt to the death.
- Zounds, I will speak of him, and let my soul
- Zounds, sir, you are one of those that will not serve God if the devil
- Zounds, sir, you’re robb’d, for shame put on your gown,
- Zounds, where thou wilt, lad, I’ll make one. An I do not, call me
- Zounds, will they not rob us?
- Zounds, ye fat paunch, an ye call me coward, by the Lord, I’ll stab
- Zounds, you rogue, you rascal!
- Zounds! I was never so bethump’d with words