Expand and Copy Bible Verses

I was thinking years ago there was a bible verse extension for PopClip but my searches within the Forum and through the extension list is not showing up with anything.

I found an old git here: PopClipExt/popclipBible-local.popclipext at master · raguay/PopClipExt · GitHub

And was able to get it running by downloading all the files and putting them into a folder with a popclipext extension then compressing the folder with an popclipextz extension and it works but it’s also a version of the Bible I don’t use that often and would be great to have an option or setting to have the completed version of a verse appear above the highlighted text.

Primarily looking for ESV or NASB in addition to KJV / NKJV.

Would also be great just to see what others have come up with.

1 Like

For just searching one of your sites you can build a simple snippet using the examples on Snippets — PopClip Developer.

If you want to select a reference and PopClip should get the whole verse in the background and put it on the clipboard, you need some platform that provides an API.

2 Likes

Instead of an API, you can probably just hack a URL Scheme like this: https://www.biblestudytools.com/nkjv/acts/passage/?q=acts+18:9-10

2 Likes

Looks like there are several Bible API’s out there might come in handy for this

One I found is:

Looks pretty simple, e.g.

https://cdn.jsdelivr.net/gh/wldeh/bible-api/bibles/en-kjv/books/john/chapters/3/verses/16.json

returns

{
  "verse": "16",
  "text": "¶ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."
}

The main “trick” will with this api be processing the text input into the correct URL.

1 Like

Thank you everyone for the help, I was initially hoping there was an existing extension I overlooked however the suggestions and guidance were very welcomed and appreciated as I know enough to possibly come up with my own solution.

Thank you again to everyone!

Edit: With the replies and along with this post:

I’ve got some ideas I can run with, much appreciated!