Recently, I have received several requests along the following lines:
I was wondering if you were considering adding a PopClip extension that accesses the new Apple “Writing Tools” feature.
If I could make an extension that “just works”, I would. But achieving what we want will need a bit of customization from you.
This guide will show you how to create your own PopClip extension for macOS Sequoia’s AI-powered writing tools.
Enable Apple Intelligence in settings. First of all you will need to be running macOS Sequoia, set to US English locale and enable Apple Intelligence features in System Settings.
Decide which feature(s) you want a PopClip action for. Let’s say you want a Proofread action.
Go to System Settings → Keyboard → Keyboard Shortcuts → App Shortcuts and add a new entry under “All Applications”. Set the Menu title to “Proofread” and choose a keyboard shortcut (here, I chose control option command P).
In non-editable content : Context menu → Writing Tools → Summarize , Writing Tools can work normally.
But when using the method described in the post, it does not work properly,
of course, using the shortcut key directly is the same.
What I mean is, is it possible to have a plugin that allows the normal use of Writing Tools in non-editable content?
If possible, that would be another great plugin.
Do you have any idea why Show Writing Tools is not working with PopClip? I’m trying to use it via PopClip, but since updating to macOS 27 it no longer works correctly. The rewriting tool works well with PopClip, unlike “Show Writing Tools”, which, on the other hand, responds to the keyboard shortcut – the same one configured in the plugin. I can’t understand.
I have of course defined the shortcuts in the settings, which I can clearly see in the menu. An idea, perhaps?