Nick asks: what's your feedback on this in-app purchase?

Hi Nick,

I’m happy to ‘buy you a coffee (tea) or two’ each year to support your work.

I’ve seen a lot of dislike and backlash for subscriptions so the tip option is a nice idea. In app purchases for functionality are basically subscriptions under a different guise. From a business point they are handy to know what you potential income is going to be.

If the main features are there for the initial price then there should be little complaining. Adding a supporters in-app monthly/quarterly/annual would be fine in my book for added bells and whistles.

Whatever you choose don’t let it distract you too much.

I’m in. Appreciate your great and continuous development work.

1 Like

I’d rather not see it in the pop-up. Real estate there is precious.

Hi Nick!

It’s a little unclear to me when and where this offer would actually appear. In the About pane of the app? Seems like presenting it once or twice a year would be reasonable.

I think this would be a worthwhile experiment before implementing paid upgrades. I would certainly contribute, because I use PopClip frequently every day and find it indispensable.

I’m in favor of you getting more (any?) money from long-time users. I’m indifferent as to the exact mechanism, trusting you won’t come up with a bad one.

I like the idea. Please go ahead as proposed by you. Looks good.

Yes, annual payment, gladly.

Badges, special icons, or hidden as each floats someone’s boat.

Might be too complicated but if each purchaser had their own code that they could give to others to input during their purchase, then that could be another way to support and earn stuff.

Give the option to hire you for mini-projects where someone might want an extension and have zero interest in doing it themselves.

Give subscription option for those that like that. Why be option stingy?

BTW, have you seen SuperTab SuperTab? Some options might be nice to have in PopClip.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Yep, a button in the about pane, with some kind of non-annoying (if such a thing exists) prompt.

No I hadn’t, SuperTab looks very interesting.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Feature: Auto Copy / Auto Action

What if there was an extra button in the menu bar doohickey?
(Bow before my Photoshop prowess!)

4 Likes

That’s exactly the plan except in the about pane.:slight_smile:

1 Like

but no one checks the about pane!

2 Likes

That’s a good point.:thinking:

1 Like

well that’s what I said 8 days ago :wink:

popclip is damn good stuff. The visibility of the ‘pay’ or ‘tip’ needs to be obvious and in many places.

Those of us using pop clip daily recognize its value and are willing to pay for it.

1 Like

Damn, supertab looks awesome… testing now. Thanks for the tip

1 Like

Hello Nick, I would definitely pay a fee to support your effort. Popclip is a great value for me, I could not do without it.
What ever the mean I’ll go for it.
Thank you for the great work,
Yves

2 Likes

I don’t care about a badge at all but would be HAPPY to be able to provide a tip directly through the app! PopClip is a wonderful product well worthy of continued support!

2 Likes

This is a great idea (popclip ClassicStyle), especially since I work almost exclusively in dark mode now and this makes it easier to spot on the screen.

Thanks

1 Like

I would be happy to support and I think it’s a good idea,

1 Like

Thanks for the kind feedback, @Vinay_Chatlani. I still haven’t added this in-app purchase idea. I did start work on it but I just got stuck and couldn’t make myself work on it. I’d much rather be working on features and cool stuff than purchasing screens…